Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Here's my life

So here is my life: I am 22, I have been married for a whopping 5 months (which automatically makes me an expert), I am a senior in college, and I work part-time. I have had a miscarriage, which has consumed every life decision since July 13, 2012 and I hope to have another baby soon. Yes, soon.

This blog was started because there is no way I am the only person in the world who has realized after about the 3rd day of marriage that it wasn't all candles and smell good stuff. Also, I want to inform people, young girls specifically, that marriage is HARD WORK. It is getting up and going to work, coming home exhausted, and there being dishes piled up in the sink.

Marriage is: Waking up beside the person of your dreams and being so in love with him...until he opens his mouth and a whole night full of bacteria makes its way to your nostrils, but you kiss him anyway.

Marriage is: Eating out of a can at the last of the month, because all of your money is saved for bills and you can't afford to go out to eat or buy groceries.

Marriage is: Rubbing lotion, cream, whatever kind of salve you can find on his giant hives because he is itching to death and it hurts you to look at them.

Marriage is: Him holding your hair and taking care of your completely non-deserving self, because you stupidly drank too much and you can't stop vomiting banana flavored vodka and jello shots.

Marriage is: Not all fun and games, but it is one of the best experiences in life.

 Follow me on my journey as I learn more about married life and what comes with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment